“Let her share in the results of her work;
let her deeds praise her in the city gates.”
What is United Methodist Women?
- A supportive, inclusive Christian membership organization where women grow spiritually, develop as leaders and serve and work to create a world in which all women, children, and youth thrive.
- United Methodist Women is celebrated as the women’s ministry of The United Methodist Church.
Who can join United Methodist Women?
- Any woman who commits herself to the PURPOSE of United Methodist Women and to engage in mission study, personal growth and social action can join.
- You do not have to be a United Methodist or meet any age requirement to join.
What is the PURPOSE of the United Methodist Women?
- To know God.
- To experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ.
- To develop a creative, supportive fellowship.
- To expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
Why should I join United Methodist Women?
- As a member you can take advantage of many opportunities:
- Prayer, Bible studies and spiritual retreats
- Hand-on mission in local communities
- Mission education experiences
- Leadership development and training opportunities
- Supporting work with women, children, and youth
- Partnership with women in mission in the country and around the world
- Advocacy for social justice issues, including those pertaining to the environment, domestic violence, immigration, and other concerns
- As a member you are joining an organization of passionate women that began 150 years ago. The impact of pooling our resources together has changes the lives of women, youth, and children.
What UMW meetings and activities are offered at St. Andrew’s UMC each year?
- Choosing one of three circles which meet monthly
- Gerry Player Circle – meeting every second Sunday of the month at 5:00. President: Cheryl Lee 531-2306
- Jean Brittain Circle – meeting every second Monday of the month at 11:00. President: Paul Bailey 534-9915
- Anna Belle Williams Circle – meeting every second Monday of the month at 4:00 President: Mary Taylor 536-0226
- Opportunities for
- mission giving and service – over $1,200 sent to mission projects in 2017
- local meetings such as Spring and Fall Salad suppers for all women of the church, pledge service, Call to Prayer and Self-Denial program, craft making for Mission u for our 5 SC UMW supported projects, and monthly circles meetings
- district meetings and retreats such as Day Apart, Officer Training, and annual district meeting
- conference meetings and retreats such as Mission u, Legislative Advocacy Day, Come Together Be Together, Spiritual Growth Retreat at Lake Junaluska, and annual conference meeting.
We, as United Methodist Women of St. Andrew’s UMC, are “faith, hope, and love in action” and WE NEED YOU! Please join today!